Sugar here. I would like to state for the record, BEFORE any shit goes down (and I hope none will, but still…) that I did not like that last doctor we met. I don’t think Bionic has given her a nickname yet, but I would like to dub her Dr. Smarm. Points not in favor of Dr. Smarm:
- She seemed not to have time for us.
- When discussing Bionic’s desire not to be instructed to hold her breath during pushing she said that she had never seen anyone who had been able to push out a baby without holding her breath. When I said that this was not a minor point for us, she smiled at me condescendingly and said “you’ll see.”
- She talked in a fake high cutesy voice to the bean.
- She referred to Dr. Russian using her first name. They may be actual friends in real life.
- She insisted that the birth plan Bionic brought to the appointment could not be included in Bionic’s folder even though we had been told to bring it so it could be copied and included in Bionic’s folder (…?…)
- She didn’t bother to stay long enough in the room to even mention when Bionic’s next appointment should be.
- She has stupid highlights. (ok, I know — hair — but hers managed to look both expensive and bad at the same time, indicating bad judgement, or something)
I am disappointed to learn that she will be leaving the practice two weeks AFTER Bionic is due. Why not now, lady? I think you’ve checked out already.
I think it is possible that I am feeling a bit over protective of Bionic, but I found myself wanting to defend her/us from this Dr., which can’t be a good sign. Here’s hoping that we get one of the other five….